Monday, November 17, 2008

The Week that was

Ha Ha...Surprisingly last week never came to an end for me. For the first time in my career of more than 4 yrs, i worked on a weekend. Saturday and Sunday included. My effort sheet boasted of 60 hours, 20 extra hours than normal. I havent worked so much since the Annual Enrollment Period in my previous firm. Thankfully i got some appreciation from my leads, and a compensatory off on a weekday too. But no overtime. No cash, but there have been things to take back and smile about from working that much. The experience of a 7 day work week isnt as bad as it reads. Infact i should call it a 12 day week. Chutti is far, today being monday.

Struggled to take out some time for myself, my routine chores and keep my social commitments too. Felt nice to be busy for a change, and not worry about trivial things. Had a sound sleep at the end of the day coz i was tired. Sometimes, I used to wonder, feeling weak at times when my friends worked long hours and weekends too, that i will not be able to sustain such work routines. Im immensely happy, i proved myself wrong. Now, I know i can deliver when the pressure and expectations are high at work. Quite a satisfying week it has been, im aware that i did a good job, and my leads can count on me. Personally, it has boosted my confidence to make ends meet, when odds are high. Never thought work could be such a source of contentment.
And what surprises me most was, i did not suffer from the usual monday morning blues. Im lovin it :)

And, if its a co-incidence - that you're reading this and you're my boss, i dont mean i want more work to do. I have enough on my plate :D

2 comments:

  1. Its your boss and yes.. i know its enuf on ur plate now.. keep up the good work..

    and btw i never knew u could write that well.. keep writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ my anon boss - tareef kar di to ab appraisal bhi achha de dena :D

    ReplyDelete