Friday, August 22, 2008

Celebrating Life

Last weekend was a big celebration. It made me richer, along with additions to my ever increasing inventory of clothes and my face has a new pimple (thats liking its place, n refuses to go away) :(( All thanks to the sweets and Cadbury Celebrations Chocolates that have become a mandatory gift on Rakhi ever since the promos on TV.

And a few cuts on my fingers, coz of holding the maanja for kiteflying. Joined my brother and his friends on the terrace. Maine patang udai :) on 15th August after 8 yrs i guess. Didnt care about the sun that would tan me or the lil rain that could spoil my hair. It was madness. It was childish. Shouted when we kaat-oed and bo-ed a kite. I remember, as a kid i have even run after kites and tried to get hold of a kite that was entangled in the TV antenna in my 4th floor balcony. I was too fearless or shall i say i took more risks. I want to be safe now. Dont want to take a risk. Does that reduce my chances of being content and happy?

Running after a 50p kite (back then), now seems like a very stupid thing to do when im earning in tens of thousands. The sense of achievement and joy i got after getting hold of the kite, despite fierce competetion between guys, that often ended in kites being torn is something is hard to get today. Someone said it right, joy lies in the simple things in life. Some things money cant buy. For everything else theres Mastercard. And that too of many banks.

Oprah said on one of her shows 'The more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.' Iv decided to celebrate the smallest of the good things that happen to me each day.

Have rewarded myself with a brownie and chocolate sauce, on clearing 5 gruelling rounds of interview for the next project. I still havn't bagged it, but it didnt stop me from celebrating my small success alone. I wish i get through the last interview from London or the other project based in Canada.

Wish me luck! and Cheers to life!

6 comments:

  1. Hina Di, You have been tagged!

    If you remember the old Deranged Insanity From Twisted Illusions :)
    Blogrolling you again!

    CheerZ to Life and Goodluck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ deranged insanity
    Good to see you after a hiatus :) Pen name(not name) now onwards...ok?

    BTW, i did get tht london based project :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaunse India mein rehte ho jahan 15th August ko kite udaate hai? In the one that I live, we fly them on 14th Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bade Log Badi Baatein..!!

    Celebrating Life... i like the title :)

    ReplyDelete