Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Feet

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands
If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it


People at work are curious about my smile, folks at home are equally intrigued. They have a quintessential question - Is it love? My answer is in affirmative. Iv fallen in love with myself all over again. Sometimes we are so lost in forming relationships - being a friend, a daughter, a sister or a wife - that we forget to build one with ourselves.

Despite the highly active social life iv had, last few weeks iv spent quite some time alone, doing things i love doing without seeking company. I went to shop alone or walked into a bookshop to read or went for a walk with my i-pod or go to a restaurant alone to have pasta. Having done that I can confirm, solitude is restorative. The most fun company one can have is oneself.No pretenses. No masks. Being alone gives just the opportunity to have a relationship with self and to love yourself!

It surprises me that I can smile on my own and find the simplest things amusing. Just today i burst out laughing on seeing a dog with his head out of car window that was half rolled up. Buoy, the dog seemed thrilled. I didnt have to explain it to myself or anyone. Sometimes it’s so much simpler to find joy in such simple things.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're upto. Leave them guessing if its love or dove ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice one to read.. only someone whu is crazy enuf to laugh at small small things.. without caring what others think about it.. will understand the fun of Smile/Laughing alone :D

    People ll call u crazy.. insane.. and best part is when you ignore you find them wondering whether they made ur joke or of themselves :p

    ReplyDelete