Sunday, May 31, 2009

Growing Up

Growing Old is not an option, Growing up is. In another 2-3 hours, it will be a new day and a new calender month. More so, my it is my birthday month. Il be a year older, and if i paint a picture of how my life has been so far - it doesnt look that bad. A comedy of errors if i may call it.

But there is some part of me that does not want to grow up at all. When i was a kid all i wanted to do was grow up so that i could do things on my own, work, drive. But now growing old is the scariest thing now that im approaching my 27th birthday. At the same time i feel growing old should be savoured like the finest wines.

Iv had my knees skinned, hands burnt and heart broken so many times. There is confusion about my life to date and how will it be going forward.

I know whats right and wrong.
I know how to laugh and cry.
I know where to find answers and ask questions.
I know when to dream and face the truth.
I know all the rules.
I know the left and right.
I know the foward and backward.

Yet, i know nothing at all. And im in this perpetual state of Knowing Nothing and Staying Stupid. Im a happy i am here :)

Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment