Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hole in my soul

Things happen. You fall. You get burnt. You get hurt. You cry. You get up. You smile. You move on. Time flies. BUT YOU DONT FORGET. Something still remains that reminds you of things. I dont forget. But it doesnt mean I want to remember it. And if I forget, what else is there to remember.

I find myself agreeing to Friedrich Nietzsche saying - "Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders."

Wish we could select and delete certain things from our memories. But that would mean we would have a clean slate and go back to the start. Deleting the evidence also doesnt help. Even if you walk out of the door, bolt it and throw the key away so that you dont see what you left behind, because out of sight is out of mind?? Not really! It doesnt work. Forget and Forgive does not work for me either. Got too sharp a memory for me to forget ;)

I just hate something like that occupying any space in my mind. I so desperately want to forget certain things and erase them forever from my life and memories. How do I do it?

“There's a Hole In My Soul, That's been killing me forever.
It's a place where a garden never grows”. - Aerosmith

2 comments:

  1. There's no way you can forget certain things; so just accept it and move on.
    And if those memories keep comming then divert your thoughts towards something else

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually want to forget it? or its just something you think deserves a blog entry?

    If you really want to forget it... Write it in out in "detail" and then mail it to your friends. better still post it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete