Sunday, December 20, 2009

Run Lola Run

These days Iv started walking again for reasons more than one. Something funny happened today and made me realise something I was doing all this while without taking notice. The last 100mts or so to my house, I began to jog as usual. And out of nowhere a stray dog came behind me and started following me. I got scared, that it'l bite me and take me down. I stepped up my pace to find the dog also running faster and closing in on the gap between us. Ran some more, turned back to see the dog still behind me. I stopped for a second, stood still, looked at the dog and continued walking. To my surprise it didnt follow me anymore. I was so relieved.

Walked the rest of the stretch back home, thinking how often we run away from things. The more we want to escape, the more it chases us and comes behind us to haunt us. Problems are like the Hutch tagline telling you, wherever you go, our network follows you. You try and dodge it, you'l find it around the next block. Such a futile exercise it is.

I've learnt today - Taking the bulls by the horn is the only way to go ahead, if its blocking you. I would no longer run away from things, but run towards life!!

1 comment:

  1. Great thought lady...today your few motivational lines and that dog has given me strength to face my fears...

    one more interesting thing about dogs...especially stray dogs..it might sound rubbish to you but it is a fact...

    these stray dogs acquire some kind of special powers after 2330 hours...i mean in the night they form groups and there is some kind of war that goes on between two groups...count my words on this I have been noticing this from past 7-8 years...

    whether they are dogs from Delhi, Panipat...my hometown Indore...or Mumbai... They become most cunning creatures on this planet...I bet if you would have encountered this stray dog in night instead of morning, you would have understood what I am trying to say...!!

    but anyway...nice and inspiring write...

    ReplyDelete