Sunday, December 6, 2009

Unlucky Lottery

Time and again I have made a hue and cry about things not meeting my need, cribbed about them. And then there are things that ground me, so much that I feel ashamed of cribbing and feel blessed at the same time for what I have.

This time the grounding factor was Paa. Saw it today and was taken down by it yet again just like Taare Zameen Pe. One in a million cases of a 'non-normalism' could happen to you or someone close to you. With over 3,000,000 DNA base pairs, if just one goes wrong, what follows is a life long battle of constant worry, underlying uncertainity, compassion, resilience, frequent crises, never ending hope, shattered dreams, daily challenges and the high stress and drama in their lives and so much more which probably I cannot fathom and if I try to it just gives me goosebumps.

What would you do if you were that unlucky one in a three million? One lottery nobody would want to win. But then, as far as life is concerned, expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment