Monday, November 30, 2009

Payback Time

Something happened at work today and Im not getting into the details of that here.

All these years, I always preferred to avoid conflict and retaliation. Internally, I justified this to myself as not stooping down to the other person's level. As a result, the other person always mistakes it for being meek. Unfortunately, it projects, I was just getting trampled on.

Well not anymore, I have now adopted a policy I use sparingly. Some people only understand things only when they are given a dose of their own medicine. Until then nothing works. And Im giving it back to them. The results are quite visible and fast.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth also follows the Newton's third law of an opposite and equal reaction. Tit for tat provides a balanced approach as per Game Theory too, a strategy that is optimistic, proactive and forgiving without being weak in its responses. It is proven, logical and effective.

Most of all, it's the type of person I try to be.

2 comments:

  1. I am in sooo jolly mood today that...these tit for tat issues will not allow me to think deeply into this topic. Sorry for not attempting to take the write seriously.

    But as I think now...

    How about an eye-glass for the eyes...and some toothpaste for the tooth...???

    :P

    ReplyDelete