Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crossing the road

I dislike change. And I hate it with a passion, but as they say, the only constant is change. So this week, I turned in my resignation, telling my boss that I no longer intend to work with them. Shock and Awe!

Thinking of new unknown and leaving the familiar behind, my stomach has been in a knot, I get clammy hands and feet from the anticipation of my leaving the comfortable set up I have been accustomed to for the last three years, but at the same time, I am happy about what you would conceive as a wise decision in this newly booming economy. Yet, afraid and anxious as I am, I'm also kinda sure that I will be okay.

Have been talking to myself, thinking over how this change could bring about other changes as well, and how I deal with them. I do not mean that I even knew how to articulate my anxiety, my state of uncertainty and inner turmoil. All I know is that part of me does not want to move but at the same time feelings of stagnancy prevail. The only thing I was certain of, is whatever road I will take, its not going to be easy. The decision to change is made - my last day with my present job is until the end of this month.

Counting my days now. Dont know what the day countdown is for - leaving the old or embracing the new!

3 comments:

  1. Now that you have made the decision embrace the future. And knowing you soon you will feel at home at the new place. All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving ahead & accepting changes is a package & directly proportionate to each other, you opt for one & get another free........ So don't worry about that & Best of Luck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a season of switching the jobs or what...3 of my friends too are in this very phase...hehe...

    anyway...I wish you all the very best for your coming prospects and congratulate you on accomplishing yourself as a successful employee because in this kinna "less job per person scenario" you people are leaving the job...and not getting fired...(rofl)...!!

    ReplyDelete