Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You can stand under my umbrella

Let me share a secret.
I've carried it in my heart for a long time now. I'm scared to say this. Even more scared to think about it. I confessed to a few very friends of mine that I thought I needed to get away for a weekend, go to the mountains or sit by a beach, far from the maddening crowd and contemplate. Now believe me, trying to find a mountain or a beach when you live in a concrete jungle like delhi is far from easy.

Im more insecure and pessimistic than ever at this point of life. My craving for a constancy, stability and security in life is at its peak. Friends and family seem inadequate. Yes, I am seeking somethng more. I am missing 'An Umbrella'. An umbrella that will keep me dry when its raining on my head, and stand up to the wind when it shakes me, and save me from the harsh sun when its blazing. An umbrella I can cling to when I feel lonely. Something like "I have your back and you got mine"

Right now my best option is to not make a habit of getting soaked and letting the downpour get the better of me. And that - I will not have. Not yet. Not on others terms anyways.

1 comment:

  1. @ UW - I have only 2 hands, and can hold only one umbrella close to me. Yes one umbrella of supreme quality can do it :D

    ReplyDelete