Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nani teri morni ko mor le gaye

Someone famous once said that the life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. So very true. It has been a month since my nani passed away. Life doesnt feel the same, not that I lived with her or spoke to her everyday. But still it feels like a big part of you gone. Thats the closest one could ever be to a grandparent. I fail to imagine how lost I would feel going to "Nani ke ghar". "Nani ka ghar" will still be hers, despite the ironical fact she isnt there anymore. As sudden as her demise,the realization comes and goes all of a sudden that she is no more. Gone are the smiles, the affectionate kisses, the reassuring looks, the caring touch, the welcoming arms, the hands that used to stroke my hair, the lap I  rested my head on so many times when I wanted the escape from things in life. She was always there, just the same, unconditionally showering her love.

I miss you nani. A lot.

Nostalgically yours
Faded Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment