Thursday, April 10, 2008

Operation Chappal

The minute i stepped out of the elevator and took a step towards my floor where my workstation is, i felt my something loosening. To my horror, one of the straps of my slippers gave away. It was really difficult to manage my walk, not to let my limping be so promininent, wanted to save myself from the embarrasment of broken footwear.

R sits next to me and understood what was wrong the minute i sat. R offered to fix it using office stationery. R is a guy, it was nice of him to step in. Then operation chappal began.

While R worked on my slipper meticulously, i was busy telling my friends on Gtalk about my slipper. Believe me such innovative ideas came up and thus started a debate with S, which is another story il tell later. Dunno what fun i was having talking about my broken slipper to people, i even mentioned it in my routine morning conference call with the client telling how the code broke in functionality last night and my slipper that broke this morning. Bad people, they could have ended the call earlier, sympathazing with the calamity i faced this morning. :P

A call,few board pins, staples, tape strips and quickfix later, my slipper was fixed. I was happier than probably cindrella would have been to get her slipper back.

Men are lucky in this regard, they hardly ever have to face the malfunction of wardrobe or footwear other than the occaisional fly left open :P

Hope to survive the day today!

1 comment:

  1. hi.. lol operation chappal..!!

    nice one..

    same happened wid mah mentor exactly a month ago;we were going to cafeteria and suddenly *SOUND* and we see her wid one chappal..:P we couldnt manage anythin bt laugh. lol.. :P

    ReplyDelete