Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This Day Last Year

This day last year, i walked into unfamiliar territory having a sea of unfamiliar faces. Today, I completed one year at my present organisation with no raise yet. Of the 13 people who joined the company last year, only 3 are still there. Pretty poor stats. I guess there's a trend i dint fit into. Anywys, Happy Anniversary to me!!

The firm i work for even discontinued the anniversary gift programme just a week back owing to cost-optimization (read cost-cutting). I was so looking forward to the nice gifts i had been eyeing for long. Instead there was an e-card in my inbox saying 'Congratulations!'.

When i look back now, time has passed by swiftly. So much has changed since then. I know things will never be the same, still i wonder how things would have been if i hadnt taken up this new job. The last one year has been a like a sine wave. There have been quite a few who have been with me through this roller coster ride. Thanks to all of them for being there. Life will be nicer if they still be there through each coming year.

P.S. Do only machines and women remember dates?

1 comment:

  1. 3 things :
    Congratulations for surviving the corporate world for one more year :)
    second, No not only machines and women remember dates; men also remember dates
    and third, i have tagged u in my latest post. catch hold of that to finish the task assigned :)

    ReplyDelete