Monday, October 20, 2008

To moon and back

3:35 PM: Having settled down into seat 22 of my train bogie, I read 'ISRO is planning a trip to the moon' in the morning newspaper folded and stacked in front of my seat, looking outside and waving to my cousin, returning to home turf. A khichdi of thoughts in my head,id say. Thought of sorting them out one by one and keying in this one using my phone :). Im sad,that the fun filled extended weekend has come to an end and il be back to mundane life. But happy, a totally spontaneous and unplanned trip,but a totally a well deserved break for me.

Reason for the trip: New Addition to our extended family. My paternal grandmother is a great grandmother now. My cousin was blessed with a son.So there was a small gettogether, nothing fancy. But, hey - there is abosolutely no cost of celebration. Visiting my cousins after 2 yrs was a bliss. The mere tag of 'dilli wali didi' feels like a 'Miss World' title. People in lucknow actually brag if they have relatives in Delhi/Mumbai.Being abroad is a big big deal. Yeah Yeah, lucknow is still a small town trying to come up to a metro level. But there are something delhi definitely misses. The culture.

Add-ons: The evenings went into enjoying the walks in Aminabad and Hazratganj in the old city charm, savouring the local food - the tunde ke kabab, lassi in a kulhad, the batashe(golgappe) filled with dahi, the tonga ride, the harley davidson shared tempos, the meetha paan at chowk, malai pedas, the phapdhas(plz dont ask me wats tht),Ram laddus and so much more.

Extra Baggage: Lucknow is the place if you want to buy the summerish chikan emroidered saree/suits and kurtis. My shopping for summer collection for 2009 began from lucknow :) And 1 plate of packed Dum Pukht Biryani as per my neighbours request.

Enough texting, I better enjoy the frooti now, another 6 hours of chuk-chukking towards home. I think the auntie sitting next to me wants to start small talk.

See You Delhi..Here i come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment