Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wedding Bells and more

The Navratras are going on, not that im very religious or something, but its supposed to augur well for people. And so, it seems to be having its effect. S just broke the news to me that she is getting married on 19th November of this year, then it was P's call that made me real happy. P is 2 weeks pregnant. :)

On the other hand, F is already managing a handful of kids, A and M will be soon trying to have a baby. Another friend S is expecting her baby in December and B is busy shopping for his wedding in December.

Just feels a little odd at times being single when most of your friend circle and peers are settling into life, starting a family or getting married. Chit-chatting about movies, food, shopping, clothes, girls, guys is passe. These things dont interest them anymore. Its given way to more serious conversations about life - expenses, bills, grocery, husbands, wives, babies, responsibility. And to these topics I have little to contribute to these talks from my end. Ggrrrrrr!! Puts me in a tight spot. I find myself doing the trapeze act of walking a tight rope, talking about a place im not there yet and a spot my friends have left behind.

Although the number of relationships with people is increasing in the process of friends getting married and having kids, the circle of friends is shrinking - they getting busy with their own new found lives. Not just friends even cousins my age are getting married. Im not getting any younger by the day, and i feel the time to settle down with life is nearing. Soon,il be moving out of the mid-20's clan.

A little voice in my head says - Bide your time and stand in line to wait for your turn, sweetie! All in due time!

1 comment:

  1. Your time is just round the corner - start preparing yourself :)

    ReplyDelete