Friday, December 12, 2008

I want a Dog!...

...reads my status message on Gtalk and Facebook. And what varied responses i got for the status message -

Response 1 : You dont need a dog, You need a Man.
Response 2: Beta, ab shaadi karle.
Response 3: Kal ko tune haathi maanga to?
Response 4: Its time for you to settle down into marriage.
Response 5: Shaadi kyun nahi kar leti?

What surprises me is that 3 of 5 responses indicated marriage. Whats the analogy? But i see the logic now. Well im not equating men to dogs or otherwise.

Im the kind of person who thrives on attention and believes in touching and feeling. Hence, the talk of the dog. Pets thrive on attention too. So maybe me and my dog can be nice companions. Added benefits - It'l be there when i want to take a walk. After a bad day, someone to sit close by, and nuzzle them gently. Maybe i need someone whom i could pamper and cuddle and talk gibberish to. Maybe i want someone to run and greet me when i come from work. It'l keep me busy and happy too.

There is another part of me that doesnt want to keep a pet. Iv owned one once - a rabbit which i named 'QT'. You can be lazy to cook for self but not afford to skip a meal for the pet. I specially used to get carrot and cabbage for it, even in the unseasonal days from a market that was far from my place. QT even had a special bed, and acted pricy too - used to eat roti laced with ghee, if not she refused to eat. Marie Biscuits were part of standard monthly grocery list for QT. It was lovely to have QT around, completely took my mind off worries and tensions. QT died. It was a horrible time to deal with the loss of your pet that was the cynosure of your eyes for years. Mom and Me had decided not to keep a pet again coz it hurted a lot when QT was gone.

After 3yrs, im wanting to have a dog. Mom would need convincing on that. Dad hates pets. Bhai will be an ally. Yay!! Lets hope i get my dog soon. I have a name in mind too.

No comments:

Post a Comment