Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sealed...

tightly are my feelings, emotions and words. I have never been a woman of few words. I never found difficulty with stringing words together in a sentence. Offlately, im going through a dry spell (by choice), where in i prefer to keep mum, and sit in silence. At times, i have the cursor on the screen blinking at me and me in turn blinking at the cursor as if we have nothing to say to each other and other times, thoughts in my stomach churning waiting to succumb to verbal diahhorea. And there are moments when one wants to flush out the stream of thoughts, feelings and emotions through writing.

In the midst of all the chaos of life, i have tried to pick up few things that i loved/love doing in my freetime. Reading is one of them. Once a voracious reader, i slowed down the reading train in the humdrum of daily life. I have started reading again, have read four books last month - bought some, borrowed some. But im catching up with my loooong 'Books to read' list.

The other day at a bookstore, i walked up to the arts and crafts section. The glossy pages of the craft books woke up the dormant creative person in me. I got back home to open my documents folder to see the prize certificates i had won at art competitions way back in school. I dug up my colors, brushes and board that day. They'l be in action soon. Feeling motivated, i picked up a needle, thread and some cloth and made a new sleak cover for my ipod, with the help of my mom. Oh, BTW - my artistic genes are the courtesy of my soooper talented mom. She still knits the most amazing sweaters and had made beautiful cushion covers, table mats and emroidered sarees for her trousseau.

Dancing is another passion that i have. Its difficult for me to abstain from dancing - be it a baraat, a party or even a nice dance number on TV. I took classical dance classes for about three years. And then because of studies and higher classes i left it.

Alwys wanted to learn a musical instrument too. Maybe the violin or the guitar. But it got restricted to table-tabla :P

With five days to go for 2009, i have made a resolution of sorts. Id keep my passion for art, dance and reading alive. Starting 2009, i intend to devote time to these activities and re-discovering the passion and penchant for these finer things in life.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment