Friday, January 2, 2009

A Bad Start

On any given cold, chilly winter winter morning, the ignition of the car gets stuck and the car would not start smoothly. I had some choking too to make a new start on New Years Day of 2009. The start to the new year wasnt rocking at all. Infact it was far from rocking. Call it rocky!

I am always on/before time whenever i have to go out for some work or to meet someone. The morning started with me getting late for no specific reason. I was late by ten minutes. Thats a lot by my standards.

Also as a routine, every year i start by wishing near and dear ones first thing in the morning. This year it was different. I just replied to whoever smsed or called. But there was something amiss.

By evening found myself sulking even more, feeling lost in time and alone in space. It seemed like no angel in heaven could break the satan spell i was under. The only place that seemed safe and comforting was my bed and quilt. Tears flowed easily, skipped dinner, wishing for sleep with a silent prayer.

What a bad start to the new year. It could not have been worse. The only thoughts that did rounds were that things get worse before getting better, you have to be lost to find yourself. A small lesson learnt the hardway.

The only constants in my life at this moment-Its Friday, 3:30 AM, January 2, 2009 by my system clock. I am 26 years old and my city is Delhi.

I hope with tommorrow's sun rise i can put this bad first day behind me. With a little faith that i have in myself,i hope the rest of the 364 days have something good in store for me. Dont know whats coming my way this year. But one thing is for sure - Il be wishing for the best and preparing for the worst.

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Just get the anti-freeze for your ignition and it will go vrrrooommm!!

    Here's a song recommendation -

    "Every endless night has a dawning day
    Every darkest sky has a shining ray
    And it shines on you baby cant you see...." - Private Emotion by Ricky Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year..

    i know this would give a lil smile on your face.. :)

    Chill maro... aage hi itni thand hai..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon - Thanks for the song recommendation.

    @Sukhdeep - Aise hi thodi gaana bana hai - "Dilli ki sardi".

    ReplyDelete