Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An ode to my friends

After air, water, food and family, my fifth lifeline has been friends. Friends who stood by me through thick and thin. Some new, some very old. Some i havent met for years and not spoken to over weeks, but still the connection is strong. I have to be really lucky to have such wonderful people around me, who dont judge but simply love.

When iv found myself in doldrums, the hands that pulled me out came easily. Support was a phonecall away. I cant imagine life without them. On days when you know somethings bothering you - friends give that listening ear without looking at the watch, how much time has gone by speaking. The feeling of security and optimism friends provide makes the panic attack I have subside. I can avoid meeting them, fight with them, irritate them, annoy them, not return phonecalls, not reply to sms's, howl and growl and crib to them, but i know they will still be there.

So here's to all you my gems -

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was friends with you

(A lil tweaked version of a song)

1 comment:

  1. What else are friends for. A friend send the following sms to me -

    "Jab nikal rahe ho aansu kisi ke naam ke,
    Baithe ho aap apna dil tham ke,
    Yaad karoge humko to aansu ruk jayenge,
    Varna hum jaise dost kis kaam ayenge"

    ReplyDelete