Sunday, February 1, 2009

Roger Federer and Me

This one is for you Roger. I was glued to the television, cheering and wishing for you to win the game and defeat the spanish armada. My heart went out for you, seeing you crumble infront of Nadal. I may know nothing about tennis, but i can totally imagine what you were going through while playing.

The men's singles final at the Australian Open seemed like Roger playing the role in story of my life, You want something. You are willing to fight it out. You know you are capable of enduring anything that takes to achieve it. You have all the energies to fight it out. You have faith in yourself and your abilities. But on the other side of the fence, lives a cruel and tyrant giant who will crush you. That beast emotionally drains you out, makes you feel helpless and torments you.

I have so much respect for you Roger Federer, coz everytime you were on your knees you got up and faced the opponent. You did not run away from the battle field nor did you give up. I admire your grit and perseverance. Time and again you have been willing to fight it out in the court. With fears and doubts in your mind, you still rose, faced the crowds and fought it out. You have class. You are my hero.

And when you cried during the award ceremony, i cried too for myself and for you too. Being driven to the point where one cries after all the effort and patience, means a lot. We both were bared to the bones, flesh and blood. And i also know, both you and me will rise again like the Phoenix. We may be down but not defeated. That ain't enough to break me. Coz I'll rise above it. And I'll pick myself up. And I'll dust the pain off my heart. The pain will fade and the wounds will mend. I'll get back on my feet. It's not the end of me. My heart is still open. I'm bruised but not broken. Im Down but not defeated.

No matter what, Roger Federer you will always be in my Hall of Fame. And Pete Sampras you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment