Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Shrek in the House

I needed a break from work after working on both Saturday and Sunday, but not in this way. Monday morning greeted me with shivers and high fever and my face swollen like a boiled potato. I looked into the mirror and i looked like Shrek.

Oh Gawwd! And these brothers, they wont let you be at peace, when an opportunity to tease you is up for grabs. My brother was all out there with his digital camera to click my pictures as if an alien had landed. He had suddenly found time to do that forgetting he was getting late for work.

Rushing to the doctors and an hour later i was tucked into the bed, being diagnosed it with parotitis or Mumps. A lil disappointed initially, that il have to carry the shrek face for a few days, be on liquid diet and be mum. I cant speak or eat or open my mouth. Monosyllables is all i can manage and I definitely look like a monster. Bad, Rite? Not so much.

But on days like these you really get to know how many people really care for you. The wishes in sms's, calls that i cant pick, enquiries about not being in office make me feel nice, that there are people concerned. And its turning out to be a good joke, which i cant even laugh to, coz that hurts too. I have a new nickname and numerous requests for the pics of my shrek look, but no ones getting them :P And im lucky to have well wishers around me, for they love the lil monster in me and Shrek is their favorite cartoon currently. No choice there, but to love the Shrek in the House :))

2 comments:

  1. I spent half an hour reading your musings….on the parting note…..well…huh…get well soon…;)

    ReplyDelete