Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lucky Me

Lucky me, i can finally breathe. With the last of the pink slips handed to all affected coworkers by late evening, and the question of my being laid off was no longer hanging in the air, im feeling at ease and lucky - I still have my job. At the same time,im feeling a lil sad for those who lost their jobs. I still have fears about losing my job, but i cant eliminate them. I can only challenge and release my fears.

A few close friends have been impacted too among others. One of them was with the company for nearly five years from the very beginning of the career, spent close to two years at onsite, got promotions too, was an excellent performer. My friend cried and broke down while talking on the phone and asked - Why me?

I couldnt say anything then. I was speechless. I couldnt answer the question. But dear friend, Read the lines below - They will answer your question. “If I were to say, ''God, why me?'' about the bad things, then I should have said, ''God, why me?'' about the good things that happened in my life.” - Arthur Ashe

Lets wish no more people lose their livelyhood. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment