Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coffee, Gupshup etc

Visited Sam's parents this weekend. Auntie is a History Lecturer at one of the best colleges in North Campus. She is a very simple yet an arty lady and an excellent conversationalist. Her knowledge about Arts and Literature is immense. Being a Bengali adds to her arty side. And sam tells me, she likes me a lot too. So you see, its a mutual admiration society. Im in total awe of her simple and uncomplex philosphies about life. There is so much warmth and positivity that oozes from her. I should visit her more often.

We chatted for long over coffee about life, work, movies, college, batchmates etc. As we spoke the talks became less random, more philosophical. Had a good discussion with her about life, its intricacies. Talking about batchmates she casually said to me - Dont you think, the curse of Professional Education is peer pressure? Isnt it true - The answer to how well i am doing is relative to how my batchmates are doing in career and their personal lives.

A lot can happen over coffee. Indeed.

Talking of happening, Aamir Khan is so happening in Ghajini. Although the movie is a adaptation of Momento and a remake of Tamil Movie. Its a run of the mill story - revenge for the killed lover. A cliched story, but it been done very well. Even with the action, blood and gory scenes, i found the movie to be very sensitive and moving. With hardly any dialogues for Aamir, the expressions on the face, the intensity in the look of the eye conveys it all. The length of the film did not worry me, however at one point i was very restless to find out what unfolded in the second diary. Ghajini gripped my attention, glued me to the screen and gets my vote for the movie for the year. Kudos to Aamir and the Director.

Oh, did i tell you, 'Buying Jeans' has always been a mini project for me. Those who have accompanied me while shopping for jeans would know. Ive always had a harrowing time trying numerous pairs of every brand under the sun, and yet not one fitted well. So specially made i am :P But,But,But for the very first time in the history of me shopping for jeans - the first shop i entered,the first pair of jeans i tried, it fitted me perfectly, i paid the bill and walked out in flat 15 minutes. It was a very big achievement. Icing on the cake - a flat 50% discount on the purchase.

*Thinks Enough yapping* This is the only place where i can say as much as i want without any boundaries. I often wonder, who the hell reads such inane stuff that i post. But hey, my visitor map tells me my blogs are read. It isnt a bad statistic - four out of seven continents have atleast one visitor to my blog. But, im not loud enough to reach Africa, South America and Antartica.

Seriously enough yapping, im not even talking sense now, but what the heck - this isnt supposed to be a constitution. Anyways, I should seriously shut up.

Okay, last words for the day - Good Night!

Im impossible, i know. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment