Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hangover

Im not talking about the head-throbbing, stomach-churning kind of hangover that keeps you in bed with the blinds shut all day. But a hangover without alcohol. And it manifests in more than one way. This week has been a potent concoction of lots of things. The resultant is a BIG hangover.

Diwali is done and over with this year. Ive been a safai karamchari of sorts working overtime cleaning every nook and corner of the house on mom's instructions. Some repair work at home. Shopping for gifts. Visitng relatives and friends and then friends and relatives coming over. Read: Frenzy. Fatigue. Exhaustion. Its a sleep hangover, I think.

Met M and spoke on phone after what you can call an era. Ofcourse, a lot of water had flown down the river and things happened since we last talked. What followed was an information overload for I guess both of us. Read: Anaesthetic. Nostalgic. Peaceful. Its a emotional hangover, I think.

All night NINE hour conversation with K left me pleasantly tired and yet smiling. A good quantity and quality of candid conversation that I generally cant have with many people. I guess people make conversations to make what they feel more meaningful. Read: Platonic. Intense. Therapeutic. Fulfilling. Its a conversational hangover, I think.

Hangover from a heady cocktail,without a single drop of liquor. And it really is possible. And it can leave you in a pleasant happy high state just like you know what ;) and now that I've vomitted it out here, Im feeling even better :)

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Try the hangover with alcohol it might help forget the mentioned hangovers ;).
    On a serious note I think you chose the hangovers and liked them (as you yourself have mentioned). So overall it is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and truly these hangover were the one I did missed this and last diwali...
    No Emotional Hangover, No Sleep Hangover, No conversational Hangover...

    I really like the style of your writing...keep up the enthralling writes so that the followers like me get reading Hangovers.... :p

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way ... I too give a shot at writing.. I will love it if you read them and leave your retorts there...!!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete