Sunday, March 29, 2009

I wouldnt call it a date

This weekend i had enough chores to do to keep me occupied, but not too much to prevent a little fun-and-frolic time. A colleague of mine broached the idea of having coffee together. I agreed,as i had nothing better to do at home.

He picked me up, we went out for coffee at a nearby coffee shop,had a good conversation about food,places,friends,work,family and other random things. He paid for the latte, got me a chocolate and politely dropped me at the door, even opened the doors for me. Although, it is a date by the look of it. But i refuse to call it a date.

It made me go back down memory lane. My first date in college, almost did an act which could easily compare to sir walter raleigh laying his plush and expensive cloak over a mud puddle so that the queens's feet would not be dirtied.

Still smiling, writing this post, but not sure why - maybe its the nostalgia of first date in 10 years back or the fact i was back from a meeting(close to a date, which i would not like to call one for political reasons) or the re-affirmed faith in men knowing how to treat the woman well and making her smile without being romantically involved with her.

But, who cares about the reason! :)

1 comment:

  1. who cares about the reason! :)

    men aren't that bad afterall :D

    ReplyDelete